Me and Writing have had a long, tumultuous relationship. There have been poems of passion, love songs and nostalgic stories for as long as I can remember. At times it can be trying and frustrating and I've even thought about ending it. But I know I could never leave Writing behind. It's too much a part of me.
Thursday, January 31, 2013
What News Is.....The Second Defining Act
Now that I have discussed the definition of news with a few of my classmates, my own definition is transformed. It is not entirely changed, but adapted and broadened. As Katie said, news can be simple. It does not have to encompass events that are of worldy importance. It can be about something that happens in your hometown (i.e. a cat getting stuck in a tree), something that happens on an international scale (wars, political conflict, all that good stuff), or it can be something in between. Jess reminded us that news can be presented in many diverse forms. We need to be informed about the world in a variety of ways: through newspapers, radio, magazines, television. Mike took a different approach to what news is. He said that it is anything that is happening or has happened (and I would like to add to that: anything that will happen). News comprises everything from big to small events, from NPR to The Boston Globe, and from yesterday to tomorrow. Its meaning is wide and varied and everchanging.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment