Sunday, February 10, 2013

An Uncertain Future


            Since when did blogs become so popular?
            They’ve been around for a while, but in the last few years they’ve been drastically increasing in popularity. They’re literally everywhere. And now every type of blog exists: cooking blogs, travel blogs, fashion blogs, school blogs?
            It strikes me as interesting that I am required to create a blog for three out of my four classes. I had never had to do this beforehand for any class and it seems like the idea crossed the minds of my teachers all at the same time.
            Last year I made a blog randomly one night when I was bored (and proceeded to only post one time), but other than this brief, impassioned instance I have no experience with it.
            I have a blog for my Spanish class, my newswriting class and my literary analysis class. This may be evidence of an ever-increasing trend toward technological application. Will every assignment I do, every exam I endure and every set of notes I take be on my laptop? Will I forget how to form letters? Is this the death of the pen and paper?
            And as my final question: if this semester I have three blogs, how many will I have next semester?
            (Cue horrifying Jaws-like music.)
            

No comments:

Post a Comment