Sunday, April 14, 2013

Registration Problems


           When the bitter hand of winter lightens its grasp on the UNH campus and warm days tempt students with the promise of summer, you know what’s coming. It is that time of year again, ladies and gentlemen. Registration time.
            I, personally, find a certain amount of pleasure in choosing my classes. Making one’s schedule is akin to solving a puzzle. It can be complex and challenging, but in the end--when all the pieces have fallen into place--it is ever so satisfying.
            It is usually this way for me, but Fall 2013 is quickly becoming the most difficult puzzle yet. This is due to one reason: Advanced Newswriting, also known as ENGL 622. You see, I have to take this class next semester because it is a prerequisite for just about every other journalism class. The class in itself (not that I know of at least) is not the problem. The problem is that it is only offered on Thursdays from 9:40 to 11:30. Oddly enough, this two hour period conflicts with all the other classes that I was thinking about taking.
            Why?????????
            Good-bye interesting English classes that I so wanted to take.
            I guess that’s what happens when you get older. As you progress in your college career, there are less classes that you need to take and less time to take them. I am also studying abroad next spring, so I have to take certain classes before I am a senior.
            Obviously this is not a huge problem, but it is annoying.
            Looks like I’m stuck with Intro to Puppetry.
            

No comments:

Post a Comment