Chris Outcalt is a good journalist. Not that I have much
experience but from what I have read of his writing, he’s pretty good. His
articles are interesting--I read all one million pages of his Murder in Vale
piece--and he seems like he has a lot of knowledge to offer.
I
thoroughly enjoyed class the day that he came to speak. It really brought
everything we’ve been learning into focus. It made me realize that these things
actually apply to our future careers as professional journalists and that the
skills we develop now will be useful later on.
Chris
brought up an interesting point. He talked about all the internships he’s done
and how they have led to jobs and it made me think about my future and how I
should be preparing for it. I need to be lining up internships and writing
articles and reading articles and…………….so many things. It almost made me panic
because I feel like I am not doing enough. But it was very beneficial to see
what a successful journalist has done, is doing and will do.
No comments:
Post a Comment