I went to a TNH meeting! Yay me. Yes this is another post
about TNH.
It
was really weird. To say the least.
I
practically ran there from the gym (red-faced and pony tail whipping back and
forth) but I made it on time. All I knew about this endeavor was the time, the
room and that I had to be there for my journalism class. Other than that, I
didn’t know what to expect.
It
was oddly informal. An oval table in a room in the MUB, chairs scattered about
and people trailing in at random. I thought it would be more like a court
hearing, all tense silence and strict guidelines. It was in the sense that
writers were on one side and editors were on another but other than that it was
fairly relaxed. To start, we went around the room and said our names and major.
In addition there was an icebreaker: which UNH Facebook page do you like the
best? Most people said UNH Confessions (understandably so), but the interesting
thing was that this icebreaker actually did what it was supposed to do: it
broke the ice. People started talking about funny posts they had seen on the
pages and in no time it was like a normal college kid conversation. All laughs
and that’s what she said jokes.
After
we had gotten back on topic, each editor introduced their pitches and tossed
them onto the table. I didn’t know how people would get their stories but I did
not expect that it would just be a free-for-all. When everyone had pitched
their stories, it was pretty much like “Go!” Everyone started grabbing papers
and it was first come first serve.
In
conclusion, those TNH people are cray.
No comments:
Post a Comment